his is an uncertain and stressful situation for us all. Although we must practice social distancing to help slow down community transmission of the coronavirus, know that we will be here for you as best we can for your eye care needs. We will continue to keep you updated, and if you have any questions/concerns, please feel free to give us a call/text at 216-815-1810 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: This information is subject to change based on the rapidly changing coronavirus situation and any possible future state-mandated orders.
Updated Friday, July 3, 2020
SCHEDULING AN EXAM OR IN-OFFICE VISIT
- All visits inside the office are now by appointment only to ensure that there is a minimal number of patients (ideally only 1 or 2) in the office at a time and to allow enough time to thouroughly clean all high touch point areas between patients. This includes frame selects and frame adjustment visits. This will reduce the overall number of patients we are able to see per day and per week. Please bear with us as we do our best to schedule you in a timely manner.
- We may be able to accomodate an unscheduled visit, but we HIGHLY recommend that you call our office first.
- Please have your vision plan and/or medical insurance handy when making an appointment. We verify as much as possible prior to your appointment to avoid any unexpected fees.
- We are now sending our patient registration and history forms to you via email and text a few days prior to your appointment. We kindly ask that you complete these online forms in the comfort of your own home BEFORE coming to your appointment. This has been a wonderful asset to our patient experience!
- It allows us to immediately focus on your eye care needs rather than using your in-office time filling out and processing paperwork.
- You are able to access the necessary information more easily and complete the “paperwork” in the comfort of your own home.
DAY OF EXAM OR IN-OFFICE VISIT
- We kindly ask that you arrive for your eye appointment no more than 10 minutes before your appointment time. Please call our office from your car when you arrive in the parking lot of our office. We may ask you to wait a few minutes to maintain a miminum number of people in our office and to ensure our exam rooms have been thoroughly cleaned.
- We will be screening for COVID-19 signs or symptoms during scheduling as well as on the day of your appointment. A member of our team will greet you at the door, check your temperature, offer you hand sanitizer and ensure you have a mask to wear during your appointment.
- The doctor and staff will be wearing masks, and we also ask all patients or visitors to bring and wear a mask/face covering during their appointments. A disposable mask will be offered to you if you do not have your own.
- If a patient is unable to wear a mask during the appointment due to a medical reason, special accommodations may be made with prior approval from the doctor.
- We ask that you do not bring additional people with you into the office. One parent or one caregiver will be allowed to accompany a child or an adult that requires assistance during the exam.
- If you need a driver for your appointment, we ask that they wait outside in the car.
- We kindly ask that children not scheduled for an exam remain at home or wait in the car if they are old enough.
FRAME SELECTION AND PICKING UP GLASSES AND/OR CONTACT LENSES
- As mentioned above in our scheduling section, frame selections and adjustments will need to be scheduled even if you don’t require an eye exam.
- We love styling our patients in new eyewear! However, we kindly ask patients not to touch frames and browse our optical selection with your eyes only. Our friendly team will be available to pull frames you would like to try on from the shelf and will be ensuring all frames are thoroughly cleaned before returning them to the shelf.
- We are continuing curbside pickup of eyeglasses and contact lenses as well as curbside minor frame adjustments to give our patients more flexibility and avoid our in-office COVID-19 screening requirements.
We know there are a lot of new rules and procedures, but we strive to maintain our positive and caring patient experience even during these challenging times. We truly appreciate your patience, understanding, and assistance in keeping our community safe and healthy!
With much gratitude,
Dr. Jenny Thatcher and the Beachwood Family Eye Care Team
CORONAVIRUS OR COVID-19 INFORMATIONAL LINKS
Ohio or local websites